Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Apple "I'm a Mac" ads attacking Microsoft's $300M ad campaign

Here is an interesting turn of events. Apple has just released new ads that directly attack the 300 million dollar ad campaign of Microsoft. Take a look at it yourself. It looks pretty underhanded to me, given the fact that Apple also spends a lot in advertising. Apple in my mind is always an aggressive marketer - so I felt this was coming. They would not sit idly by while Microsoft goes in with a hefty ad budget.

And here's another one, less funny but also still capable of stirring up controversy.


For some time now, Apple has been attacking Microsoft with it's "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads, of which this is a sample (rather, a collection).

After a pretty long time, Microsoft has rebutted Apple with its own I'm a PC ad, of which a sample is posted below:

This came right after Microsoft turned off its Bill Gates/Seinfeld ads (here-Seinfeld and Gates talking about shoes! and here-Gates and Seinfeld trying to live with a family), which was reported to be a "phase 1" of Microsoft's advertising campaign tomorrow to respond more directly to Apple's "I'm a Mac" campaign.

An interesting ad war is brewing...
blog comments powered by Disqus